No more rearview mirror – It is time to move forward. Leave the past behind you. It is in your rearview mirror. Take a glance back to reflect but quickly charge forward. It is time to take on the next challenge. You cannot do that if you are living in the past. Time for a fresh start.
A new challenge can be anything. New challenges can be professional or personal. They can be small or large. Your new challenge can be life changing or it can be something small that will simply make you feel better. Regardless of the challenge, there is no better time to start than right now.
First, you have to stop letting the past haunt you. Whatever has been holding you back has to go.
- Understand what you are holding on to from your past.
- Once you understand “what” you can begin to process “why”
- Once you understand “why” you can then begin moving forward
- Learn from the past
- Sort through what was real and what was noise
- Do this without blame
- Do not allow yourself to be a victim
- Time to move forward. Time to forgive – that includes forgiving yourself
Next, it is time to get your eye on the prize.
- Stop looking in the rearview mirror.
- Identify your challenge. The “what”
- Set a goal, with milestone target dates
- Get ready to embrace the change, push yourself
- Allow yourself to get excited about the process
- Understand completion. What is the prize? Know exactly what you are working towards and what it looks like once you get there.
- Keep moving. Don’t put it off.
- Acknowledge and celebrate small wins.
Remember, only you can change your path. Sure, others may throw some hurdles in your path but you are in control of you and your future. Make it yours. Own it. Forward thinking only! Forward moving towards and through your next challenge.
No more looking back. No more rearview mirror. Time to move forward.
Leave a Reply