I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!
Here we are…Christmas is over but the holiday season is still in full swing. I am finishing out the year as are many of you. I am doing my best to get things wrapped up between all of the holiday festivities. It is challenging to focus on work. Ugh! How do I stay focused?
Here are a few quick tips to keep your focus.
- If you need to get something done, do it. Procrastinating will only delay the agony and you will feel more rushed.
- Set your mind to what needs to get completed. Start one thing. Finish it before moving to the next.
- Eliminate as many distractions as possible so you can get it done!
- I know that it is tough this time of year but being well rested will help you keep your focus.
- Figure out what time of day you do your best work and make up your mind to work during that time.
- Take breaks. Barrelling through something will cause you to lose focus.
- Make sure you are not hungry and that you have something to drink.
- Keep the goal in mind. Complete the task so you can enjoy the rest of your holidays!
You know the holidays can be stressful without the added pressure of those last few work tasks that need to be completed. Don’t add to your stress by putting it off. Once you complete your work, leave it. Enjoy your time with family and friends. Turn off your email and focus on what matters most!